Steelheart - Brandon Sanderson

This is the first book I've read twice. I never read a book or watch a movie more than once. They always lose the emotional impact that made me like it the first time around. David, the protagonist, is the reason for me liking this book so much. Not only did he grow as a character but he grew on me. I related to him like I have no other fictional character. Even when I knew he was wrong I could help but to root for him.

Not only was there an awesome protagonist, but the supporting characters made for good reading as well. They were well fleshed out and felt like they could walk off the page and into a novel of their own.

As for the antagonists, well, super powered beings that knew they were the top of the food chain. How in the name of all that is good is a normal guy supposed to fight people that can fly, shoot energy bolts, or do any number of crazy magical looking things. And let's not forget that the most powerful bad guys, Epics they are called, are probably going to be invulnerable.

Bottom line, if you like super heroes/villains, and fast paced action, then you need to give this one a chance.